ORLANDO, Fla. – Feb. 9, 2016 – Orlando City SC unveiled its new away jersey during the team’s open training on Tuesday night, giving fans an interactive look at its sophisticated kit while they prepare for their second Major League Soccer (MLS) campaign.
The away jersey was available to purchase at the Orlando Citrus Bowl during the team’s open practice, and will be available throughout the season. It is also now available for purchase online at www.OrlandoCitySC.com/Shop.
“We worked tirelessly with adidas to design a kit that accurately represents our brand and provides the players and the fans with a unique look and experience,” said Orlando City CEO Alex Leitão. “The combination of the sleeves, the crest, the slogan that leads us daily – ‘Defy Expectations’ – in three languages, among the other elements will proudly showcase Orlando City during our second MLS season.”
Among the features of the Lions’ new away kit are:
- Purple sleeves in contrast to the three purple stripes used last season, with a gold line surrounding it;
- The Club’s mantra in English, Spanish and Portuguese, ‘Defy Expectations,’ ‘Superando las Expectativas’ and ‘Superando Expectativas’ on the inside of the collar, showcasing the diversity that composes Orlando City’s supporters, roster and front office staff;
- A new sophisticated material on City’s authentic jersey crest;
- The head of the Lion at the back of the collar;
- A collar designed with a more traditional look;
- adidas adizero engineering – The lightest soccer kit in history that allows players to remain fast, cool and comfortable on the pitch.