ORLANDO, Fla. (Aug. 19, 2020) — Orlando City SC has announced that its three upcoming home matches will be open to a limited number of fans, as the Club prepares to host Nashville SC, Atlanta United and Inter Miami CF in Phase One of Major League Soccer’s continuation of play schedule. While fans will have the opportunity to return to Exploria Stadium, the venue will operate at a reduced capacity in order to follow social distancing guidelines. All fans will be required to wear masks when inside the venue, amongst other safety measures.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in an effort to protect the health and safety of fans, players and Club personnel, additional safety protocols will be in effect. The new Exploria Stadium policies, designed in conjunction with Major League Soccer, local health officials and the Orlando Health Business Ready Task Force, are designed to maintain the passionate Orlando City supporters’ environment, while keeping safety as the paramount objective.
Key information on fans’ return to Exploria Stadium and a “Know Before You Go” guide on game day protocols, presented by Orlando Health, can be found below.
Further details can be found at the link here.
City hosts Nashville on Wednesday, Aug. 26 (7:30 p.m. ET), Atlanta on Saturday, Sept. 5 (8 p.m. ET) and Inter Miami on Saturday, Sept. 12 (7:30 p.m. ET).
For those unable to attend in person, City’s Sept. 5 game against Atlanta United will be broadcast nationally on FOX and Fox Deportes, while the Club’s remaining two home matches against Nashville and Inter Miami will be aired locally on Fox 35 Plus, FM 96.9 The Game/Real Radio 104.1 and Acción 97.9. The complete, six-game phase one schedule can be found here.
Orlando City home matches will be operating at a reduced stadium capacity, with social distancing requirements and safety considerations in place for all individuals and/or parties. At the current time, 2020 Orlando City Season Ticket Members will receive priority access to match tickets. More information regarding access and availability will be sent from the Club’s Member Services department in the near future.
Fan and Staff Safety Protocols:
- Upon arrival at Exploria Stadium, fans, staff and players will be required to complete and maintain a series of safety protocols which include:
- Fans will be required to properly wear a mask at all times while in the venue, except when consuming food or beverage while seated.
- At entry, guests will be temperature screened and must use one of many hand sanitizing stations located at each entrance
- No bags will be allowed into the venue to reduce contact time during security screening
- Fans must remain socially-distanced and with their own party
- Players and coaches will be restricted from direct contact with fans through activities such as high-fives, autographs and photos
- Failure to comply will result in removal from the venue
In addition, the following sanitizing procedures will be implemented:
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the venue, featuring 70%+ alcohol content gel
- The Club will continue its high-standard stadium cleaning processes, with increased disinfecting and sanitizing on all guest areas (including but not limited to restrooms, elevators, suites, stadium seats and ancillary areas) throughout the match
- High-touch areas will have dedicated staff members to clean and disinfect on a regular basis
- Seats will be power washed and manually sanitized prior to each match
- All enclosed spaces in the venue will undergo disinfectant fogging following each match
- Additional signage and instructions will be added throughout the venue to aid in guest awareness and education
Food and Beverage:
- In an effort to reduce lines and maintain social distancing, the Club will begin the schedule with all regular food and beverage locations open throughout the match.
- Stands on each side of the stadium will offer the same menu options to limit the need for fans to walk around the venue.
- All transactions will be cashless in order to reduce potential points of contact
- Beverages will be served in cans and bottles only. No open-container beverages (e.g. draft beer) will be served at this time.
- Audi Sport Club, West Club, and Midfield East Premium ticket holders will continue to have access to complimentary food and beverage in their respective areas. South end 100 ticket holders (Sec. 101-107) will now also have complimentary access to food and beverage in their respective area.
- Fans can also take advantage of convenient, in-seat ordering from their mobile devices that will allow for pickup at a selected concession stand.
Merchandise and The Den:
- Fans will still have the opportunity to purchase merchandise in The Den or additional stores located in the concourse.
- All stores will be converted to one-way traffic, with guests maintaining custody of items throughout the transaction process.
- Fans are encouraged to pay via card or contactless payment in order to reduce potential points of contact.
- The Club will still offer jersey personalization and CITYiD pressing. Fans will be able to order customization at any operating concourse store location, or at OCMobileShop.com, to limit the need for fans to walk around the venue.
- To limit the need to go in-store, fans can also utilize OCMobileShop.com to order items online and pick-up at a convenient location in the concourse.