Welcome to the Party
Three more members of the Orlando Pride made their NWSL debuts in the team’s last outing in Houston with defenders Konya Plummer, Ally Haran and midfielder Savanah Uveges all taking the pitch in the contest. Uveges recorded the start on the night, while Plummer and Haran entered the match in the 66th and 88th minutes, respectively. Plummer was selected 10th overall by the Pride out of the University of Central Florida, while Haran and Uveges were signed to short-term contracts ahead of the Fall Series.
On the Board
Midfielder Marisa Viggiano scored the Pride’s first goal of the season against Houston, driving into the Dash’s offensive third before firing a low, driven shot into the back of the net. The goal served as Viggiano’s second of her professional career, her first coming on July 20, 2019 with the game-winner against Sky Blue FC. Viggiano has played every minute of the Fall Series for the Pride in the central midfield.
Midfielder Chelsee Washington earned her first NWSL goal contribution in her first professional start in the Pride’s last match against Houston, recording the assist on Viggiano’s goal in first half stoppage time. Washington has appeared in both of the Pride’s Fall Series matches thus far, coming off the bench in their opener against North Carolina. The Bowling Green State University-product was selected 30th overall by the Pride at the 2020 NWSL College Draft.
For The Kids
Orlando Pride has selected Parramore Kidz Zone to play for in the 2020 Verizon Community Shield, a program located in the heart of downtown Orlando, just a block from the Pride’s home at Exploria Stadium, with the mission of leveling the playing field for Parramore’s children. In addition, the Pride will also be raising additional funds for Parramore Kidz Zone by raffling off the signed Black Lives Matter warm-up tops the team has been wearing throughout the Fall Series. All proceeds from the auction will go directly to PKZ to amplify the impact on the Club’s local community.
- Orlando Pride defender Toni Pressley spent the 2015 NWSL season with the Dash, appearing in 15 matches.
- Orlando Pride forward Abby Elinsky and Houston Dash forward Bridgette Andrzejewski were teammates at the University of North Carolina from 2016-17. Dash goalkeeper Lindsey Harris was teammates with both in 2016.
- Houston Dash forward Jamia Fields spent the 2016 & 2017 NWSL seasons with the Pride, registering 28 appearances and two assists through two seasons. Fields was also teammates with Pride defender Toni Pressley at Florida State University in 2011.
- Orlando Pride forward Sydney Leroux and Houston midfielder Maegan Kelly and forward Shea Groom were teammates at FC Kansas City in 2017.
- Midfielder Savanah Uveges and Dash midfielder Haley Hanson were college teammates at the University of Nebraska from 2014-17.
- Defender Courtney Petersen and Houston forward Veronica Latsko were teammates at the University of Virginia from 2015-17.
- Houston midfielder Christine Nairn spent the 2018 NWSL season with the Pride, playing in 20 games and registering four assists to tie Marta for the team lead.
- Houston defender Megan Oyster and Pride forward Sydney Leroux were college teammates at UCLA in 2011.