Photo: Orlando Sentinel
How can you make sure your voice is heard Tuesday at the Orange County meeting? See below for all the details!
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 22nd
Meeting starts at 2:00 p.m. (Doors open around 1:30 p.m.)
Location: Orange County Administration Building
201 S Rosalind Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Parking garage is located across the street from the Orange County Administration Building. Enter on Jackson Street between Liberty Avenue and Rosalind Avenue.
What time does the meeting start?
• The Orange County Board of Commissioners meeting will start at 2pm ET.
• Doors are expected to open around 1:30pm ET. (Seating is limited; overflow seating areas to be provided if needed.)
• Speakers are expected to generally be called to the podium in the order they register on-site.
How do I register to testify in support of Orlando City SC?
• Registration will occur on-site on the first floor at the Orange County Administration Building the day of the vote.
• You do not have to be an Orange County resident to speak in front of the Orange County Board of Commissioners.
How long will I have to speak?
• Up to two minutes each. (Your microphone will be cut off after 2 minutes.)
• There will be a clock at the microphone so you know how much time you have remaining.
What should I say during my testimony?
1. Give your name and address.
2. Tell your connection to Orange County – e.g., I am a resident, I work in Orange County or travel here for games, I support Orlando City
3. Speak openly, candidly and respectfully to the Commission about why you believe Central Florida needs a new MLS stadium. Points include:
Your connection to Orlando City Soccer Club – ex: you are a season ticket holder, you attend as many games as possible, etc.
Your connection to the sport of soccer – ex: you are a youth soccer parent, you are a fan of the world’s most popular game, etc.
Your interest in having MLS in Central Florida – ex: you’ve been to MLS games in other markets, how it would benefit youth soccer, how it would bring fans from other areas, how it would create needed jobs, how it would bring the 2nd major league team to town, what it would mean for you and your family, etc.
What if I get nervous and don’t want to speak when my name is called?
• Everyone who has registered to give public testimony will have the opportunity ‘pass’ once their name is called.
• If you don’t wish to speak, we encourage you to instead do the following:
Stand up when your name is called.
Raise your hand.
Simply say – “I waive my time to speak in support of Orlando City.”
• Even if you don’t speak for two minutes, it’s important for the Orange County Commissioners to know you are supportive of the project (and to see another person speaking wearing the color purple
What should I wear to the meeting?
• The color purple!
Thank you for speaking in support of Orlando City SC and we will see you Tuesday! Click here to join the Facebook event.