Need to Know:
Date & Time: Saturday, May 27, 8 p.m. ET
Venue: SeatGeek Stadium; Bridgeview, Ill.
Competition: NWSL Regular Season
Where to Watch:
Broadcast: Paramount + (national), NWSLsoccer.com (international)
- The Orlando Pride travel to Chicago to take on the Red Stars, seeking to maintain a four-game unbeaten streak in regular season play.
- The Pride enter the weekend fresh off a 2-1 victory over the Washington Spirit, giving the Spirit their first loss of the 2023 campaign.
- Brazilian international Marta found the back of the net for the Pride in their last outing, her first goal since the 2021 season, with Kylie Strom accounting for the game-winner for the side.
- Chicago, meanwhile, will be looking to bounce back from a 4-0 loss to the Portland Thorns last week.
- The Red Stars have lost by a combined 7-0 score over their last two matches and are currently 12th position in the table, seeking their second win of the 2023 campaign.
Quote of the Week:
“Listen, you can't look at the table and think a game is easy. They're [Chicago are] a bit short of confidence but anyone can beat anyone on their day. So we have to be mindful that they are still a good team, it just hasn't gone that way right now. And, yeah, we've got momentum and we've got to continue that momentum. We have to, again, do the basics right and ultimately, if we do that, we'll win the game.”
- Head Coach Seb Hines
Pride’s Last Match: Orlando Pride 2, Washington Spirit 1 (5/20/23, Exploria Stadium)
Goal Scorers: Marta (PK), Kylie Strom; Sam Staab
Red Stars’ Last Match: Portland Thorns 4, Chicago Red Stars 0 (5/21/23, Providence Park)
Goal-Scorers: Kelli Hubly, Crystal Dunn, Olivia Moultrie, Natalia Kuikka
Against the Opposition:
Series Record: 4-10-1 (Home: 0-6-1, Away: 4-4-0)Last Matchup: Chicago Red Stars 4, Orlando Pride 2 (6/12/22, Exploria Stadium)