The Duck Strikes Again
Alexandre Pato found the back of the net for the second time this year on Saturday night, sending a volley off an Ercan Kara header straight into the back of the net. The Brazilian international now sits tied for the team lead in goals this campaign with Júnior Urso after scoring the side’s first goal of the year against CF Montréal on Feb. 27.
On the Board
João Moutinho scored his first goal of the season in what also served as his second finish across all competitions over the weekend, both of which have come against his former Club. The 2018 No. 1 overall MLS SuperDraft selection netted the 90th-minute equalizer in the Quarterfinals of the MLS is Back Tournament back in 2020 to force a penalty-kick shootout between the two sides, where the Lions would advance to the next round over LAFC.
Setting the Mark
Mauricio Pereyra recorded a multi-assist performance over the weekend, tallying his 25th and 26th helpers as a Lion in the match. The Lions’ No. 10 is now tied for the Club-record in assists in all competitions with former team captain Nani, set to take sole ownership of the record with his next assist for the Club.
Last Time at Exploria
The Fire last visited downtown Orlando on Aug. 21, 2021, a match that resulted in a 1-0 shutout victory for the Lions. Benji Michel scored the eventual game-winner for the side in the 51st minute of play in a match that saw goalkeeper Mason Stajduhar record his first clean sheet for the Club and extend his unbeaten run to five matches at the time. Stajduhar added to that record earlier this campaign, standing tall in net as the Lions battled to a 1-1 draw in Portland on March 27.
- Pedro Gallese’s next victory will tie Joe Bendik’s Club record of 25 in all competitions. Gallese is 24-13-15 as the starting keeper for Orlando.
- Mauricio Pereyra is one assist away from breaking Nani’s record for all-time assists for the Club in all competitions.
- Orlando City all-time assist leaders:
Mauricio Pereyra, 26
Chris Mueller, 24
- Tesho Akindele is two goals away from 20 in his Orlando City career. Benji Michel is three goals away from 20.
- Andrés Perea’s next appearance will be his 60th as a Lion.
- Sebas Méndez’s next appearance will mark his 70th for the Club.