ORLANDO, Fla. (May 5, 2023) — On Friday morning, the Greater Orlando Sports Commission (GO Sports) unveiled the list of finalists for the 2023 SPORTYS: Greater Orlando’s Night of Champions presented by Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute, which included nominations for seven members of the Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride front office, as well as a nomination for Orlando City’s Kicking Childhood Cancer Fantasy Camp, a collaboration with Orlando Health.
The nominees include:
- Executive of the Year presented by Visit Orlando: Jarrod Dillon, President of Business Operations
- Best in Media, Communications & PR presented by Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting at Full Sail University: Gabrielle Amado, Sr. Producer and Video Host, and Jackie Maynard, Sr. Director of Communications & PR
- Best in Venue Operations presented by Florida Citrus Sports: Julie Baca, Director of Facilities
- Best in Business Operations presented by OUC The Reliable One: Aurusa Moosani, Associate General Counsel & Director of Compliance
- Best in Marketing presented by Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam: Michelle Serowchak, Director of Merchandise
- Best in Corporate Partnerships presented by Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute: Callum Shepherd, Director of Brand Alliance Marketing
- Sponsorship Activation of the Year presented by Mission Inn Resort & Club: Orlando City SC & Orlando Health – Kicking Childhood Cancer Fantasy Camp
“On behalf of our entire organization, congratulations to each of our teammates and partners that have been nominated. It’s always a great honor to have the hard work and commitment of our teammates recognized, especially amongst a collection of some of the best in the Orlando sports market,” said Caesar Lopez, chief administrative officer and general counsel. “On behalf of the entire Orlando City and Orlando Pride organization, I’d like to thank GO Sports and Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute for their continued partnership in this event that highlights all of the great work going on in our greater Orlando community.”
The finalists were selected by a voting committee made up of members of the GO Sports board of directors. Representing 25 different organizations throughout Greater Orlando, the finalists are listed below along with the corporate partners who are sponsoring the 11 award categories.
The 2023 SPORTYS will honor sports business professionals whose contributions and impact are vital in making Greater Orlando one of the country’s premier sports destinations. The show will air on WKMG-TV News 6 and stream online on Saturday, June 17 at 7:00 p.m. with the winners being revealed during the broadcast.