ORLANDO – July 31, 2015 – Orlando City SC has launched the public on-sale of its 2016 season tickets. As previously announced, the Club raised season ticket capacity for next year to 18,000 seats to meet the heightened demand for the coming season. Following the fulfillment of 2015 renewals and the 2016 waitlist, less than two thousand seats remain.
To purchase season tickets, fans can call 855-ORL-CITY or visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com/tickets. Fans who make their purchase before August 14 can take advantage of preferred pricing, which includes discounts as high as 35 percent off regular pricing.
The 2016 Season Ticket Package includes 18 matches – 17 Major League Soccer (MLS) games and one exhibition/U.S. Open Cup match.
“Today also marks a special day for all our fans as the remaining 2016 season tickets go on sale to the general public,” said Club Founder and President Phil Rawlins. “We increased season ticket cap to 18,000 to accommodate demand and the renewal period has been very busy. We encourage all who are currently on the fence about buying season tickets to take advantage of the preferred pricing before the August 14 deadline.”
Explore All Of The New Stadium Renderings
Downtown Stadium Details Announced:
The Club also hosted a press conference today to announce additional details about its new downtown stadium and unveiled a series of new renderings. The renderings are available at www.OrlandoCitySC.com/stadium.
“We are thrilled with the work to date and proud to unveil the latest set of renderings for our home in downtown,” said Majority Owner Flavio Augusto da Silva. “This new privately financed stadium will be a state-of-the-art venue for our Club and for our fans. It will also create more jobs for the community and bring significant economic impact to the city of Orlando and surrounding communities. With construction underway, we look forward to hosting the first games in the new stadium later next year.”
Following weeks of meetings with designers, the new stadium will feature:
- 425,000 square-foot multi-purpose stadium
- Increased capacity of approximately 25,500 seats – added seating in the corners of the stadium and in the South end
- A canopy roof covering the North, East, South and West stands
- Enhanced premium amenities in the East stands
- 31 suites including a 90-person “super suite” and a 59-person group suite
- 8,400 square-foot indoor Club in the West stand
- 10,000 square-foot open air Supporters Terrace
- 360-degree concourse with additional concessions and fan amenities for a premier fan experience
- All-natural grass playing surface eight feet below grade
Construction on the stadium has begun and the projected timeline remains for the summer of 2016. Over the next several months, construction of the new stadium will require:
- 4,800 tons of steel and 1,000 tons of rebar – equal to more than 25 Statues of Liberty
- 20,000 cubic yards of concrete – enough to fill six Olympic-sized swimming pools
The Orlando City SC Stadium Project Team is comprised of some of the most decorated firms in the industry: Barton Malow, which currently oversees the DAYTONA Rising project in Daytona Beach, is the project’s general contractor and will manage stadium construction; ICON Venue Group, with experience in nine previous MLS stadium projects, oversees development and project management; and Populous, whose prior design work includes the Amway Center and all three NFL venues in Florida, serves as lead designer on the project.