CHICAGO (November 3, 2021) – The National Women’s Soccer League announced today the dates of the upcoming 2022 NWSL Expansion Draft presented by Ally and the 2022 NWSL Draft presented by Ally, as well as the opening of player registration for the NWSL Draft.
The 2022 NWSL Expansion Draft will take place Thursday, December 16 at 7 p.m. ET, followed by the 2022 NWSL Draft set for Saturday, December 18 at 2 p.m. ET. CBS Sports will cover both drafts on various platforms, including CBS Sports Network, Paramount+ and CBS Sports HQ. Specific platforms, times and coverage details will be announced at a later date.
The league’s current draft order will be set following the conclusion of the 2021 NWSL Championship presented by Budweiser.
In order to be eligible for the 2022 NWSL Draft, a player must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, or a foreign national, who is currently or was enrolled at a university in the United States during the 2021-22 academic year;
- Be an individual who has exhausted, lost, or renounced their remaining collegiate eligibility during the 2021 calendar year, including high school graduates choosing to forego;
- Be at least 18 years old by the conclusion of the NWSL league season following the draft;
- Not be under a current professional contract, nor have previously signed a contract to play soccer professionally
- Register for the 2022 NWSL Draft
Players must register for the 2022 NWSL Draft by 8:00 pm ET on Monday, December 13, 2021. Interested players can access the online registration here. Players who register for the draft but are not selected will become discovery eligible on the day following the 2022 NWSL Draft.
Additional details regarding the 2022 NWSL Expansion Draft and the 2022 NWSL Draft will be announced in the coming weeks.