FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (May 25, 2023) – Orlando City B (5-3-2, 18 points) took all three points from intrastate rivals Inter Miami CF II (3-6-1, 10 points) via a 1-0 shutout on Thursday night at DRV PNK Stadium.
The Lions were backed by Jack Lynn scoring his fifth goal of the season and his 20th all-time for OCB. Lynn’s goal was set-up on the right flank by Shak Mohammed and Alex Freeman before Freeman fired a low cross into a sliding Lynn in the 57th minute for the lead. The Lions needed the services of Javier Otero in the last minute of second-half stoppage time to avoid an End-of-Regulation shootout, with the goalkeeper parrying a point-blank attempt to secure the shutout.
City will now turn its attention to a visit from New York Red Bulls II, set for Monday, May 29 in a 7 p.m. ET kickoff at Osceola County Stadium.
57’ Jack Lynn (Alex Freeman) – ORL 1, MIA 0
The Lions opened the scoring on the night in the 57th minute of play when Shak Mohammed played a ball down the right flank to Alex Freeman. Freeman fired in a low cross to Jack Lynn who slid the ball past CJ dos Santos and into the Miami net.
- Jack Lynn scored his fifth goal of the 2023 season in the match, tallying his 20th goal overall for Orlando City B.
- Alex Freeman provided his first assist of the season on the opening goal, marking his fourth goal contribution of 2023.
- The Lions secured their second shutout on the season, having previously shutout Inter Miami II earlier this season at Osceola County Stadium on April 9.
- Forward Shak Mohammed earned his first start of the season on the night, with the match serving as his seventh all-time appearance for Orlando City B.
- Head Coach Martín Perelman made three changes to his starting lineup from his side’s last match against Atlanta United 2, with Jack Lynn, Shak Mohammed and Thomas Williams all getting the start on the night.