Ahead of its Eastern Conference Semifinal match on Nov. 25, Orlando City SC takes a break from league play for the international window across world soccer, as a multitude of players for the Lions, both from the first team and beyond, have been called up to represent their respective national teams.
A total of eight players representing six nations have gotten the call, including two of the Lions' Academy players.
Facundo Torres and Uruguay currently sit second in CONMEBOL qualifying with their final two matches of the year coming up. First, they'll have to face the top team in the standings, Argentina, on the road at La Bombonera, then play host to the last team in the group, Bolivia.
Pedro Gallese, Wilder Cartagena and Peru look to work their way out of their poor form as they take on the team below them in the standings, Bolivia, before facing off against Venezuela at home a few days later.
Abdi Salim will play in his second stint for Somalia after captaining the side in his first call-up last month. They'll play Algeria and Uganda to begin the Confederation of African Football World Cup Qualifiers.
Wilfredo Rivera and Puerto Rico play their final two matches in Nations League B Group D as they take on Antigua and Barbuda and the Bahamas, who sit below them in the standings.
From the Academy, Tahir Reid-Brown was called up to the USYNT U-17 National Team to participate in the 2023 FIFA U-17 World Cup. The team already won their first group game against South Korea and will now take on Burkina Faso and France to round out the group stage.
Another Academy product getting the call was Luca Maxim, who will go to training camp with the USYNT U-16. He will spend Nov. 12-19 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California, and train with some of the best young players the country has to offer.
Finally, from Orlando City B, standout center back Nabi Kibunguchy will represent Kenya in the upcoming AFCON World Cup Qualifying. The Harambee Stars will play two games in this window against Gabon and Seychelles.
Schedule (All times in ET):
Facundo Torres | Uruguay | FIFA World Cup Qualifying - CONMEBOL
- W, 0-2 | Thursday, Nov. 16, 7 p.m. | Argentina vs. Uruguay
- Tuesday, Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m. | Uruguay vs. Bolivia
Wilder Cartagena and Pedro Gallese | Peru | FIFA World Cup Qualifying - CONMEBOL
- L, 2-0 | Thursday, Nov. 16, 3 p.m. | Bolivia vs. Peru
- Tuesday, Nov. 21, 9 p.m. | Peru vs. Venezuela
Abdi Salim | Somalia | FIFA World Cup Qualifying - CAF
- L, 3-1 | Thursday, Nov. 16, 11 a.m. | Algeria vs. Somalia
- Tuesday, Nov. 21, 8 a.m. | Somalia vs. Uganda
Wilfredo Rivera | Puerto Rico | 2023-24 CONCACAF Nations League B
- W, 2-3 | Saturday, Nov. 18, 2 p.m. | Antigua and Barbuda vs. Puerto Rico
- W, 3-2 | Tuesday, Nov. 21, 7 p.m. | Puerto Rico vs. Bahamas
Academy and OCB Call-ups:
Tahir Reid-Brown | USYNT U-17 | 2023 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- W, 1-3 | Saturday, Nov. 12, 7 a.m. | South Korea vs. United States
- W, 2-1 | Wednesday, Nov. 15, 7 a.m. | United States vs. Burkina Faso
- L, 0-3 | Saturday, Nov. 18, 7 a.m. | United States vs. France
Nabi Kibunguchy | Kenya | FIFA World Cup Qualifying - AFCON
- L, 2-1 | Thursday, Nov. 16, 11 a.m. | Gabon vs. Kenya
- W, 5-0 | Monday, Nov. 20, 2 p.m. | Seychelles vs. Kenya
Luca Maxim | USYNT U-16 | U16MYNT Training Camp