ORLANDO, Fla. (Nov. 17, 2022) — Details for Orlando City SC’s 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League matches against Liga MX’s Tigres UANL have been announced.
The Lions will travel to Monterrey, Mexico to take on “Los Tigres'' on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 for the First Leg of the Round of 16. Both teams will then make their way to The City Beautiful the following week, set to decide the round at Exploria Stadium on Wednesday, March 15.
The match at Estadio Universitario is set to kickoff at 10 p.m. ET, while the Second Leg match in downtown Orlando will kickoff at 8:15 p.m. ET.
Fans will be able to enjoy the matches through the Confederation’s TV partner networks, including TUDN | ViX (USA-Spanish), Fox Sports (Mexico), ESPN (Central America, Caribbean, and South America) and other local partners. For other territories, they will be available on Concacaf’s Official App and YouTube channel (all subject to territory restrictions).
The Lions qualified for their first Concacaf Champions League after becoming the 2022 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Champions, while Tigres qualified as the best-ranked team on the Liga MX aggregate table across the Apertura 2021 and Clausura 2022 seasons.
Ticketing details for Orlando City’s Second Leg match will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Round of 16 will be followed by the Quarterfinals and first leg Semifinals in April, and the return leg Semifinals and first leg Final in May.
The all-decisive return leg Final, where the region’s new champion will be crowned, will take place Sunday, June 4, 2023, and will be hosted by the best performing finalist club in the earlier rounds of the competition.
2023 SCCL Schedule Windows
- Round of 16: March 7-9 (first leg) and March 14-16 (second leg)
- Quarterfinals: April 4-6 (first leg) and April 11-13 (second leg)
- Semifinals: April 25-27 (first leg) and May 2-4 (second leg)
- Finals: May 31 (first leg) and June 4 (second leg)
For all rounds of the competition, the pairings have been determined by the competition’s bracket and the home club for the return leg of each series will be determined per round as follows:
- Round of 16: Clubs from Pot 1 (highest ranked)
- Quarterfinals: Clubs from the Round of 16 matchups 1, 3, 5, and 7
- Semifinals and Final: Best performing clubs in the earlier rounds of the competition (based on wins, draws, and, if required, goal difference).