HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (July 9, 2023) — Orlando City B (8-7-2, 27 points) dropped a 6-2 decision to Huntsville City FC (5-7-4, 22 points) on Sunday night in what served as the Club’s first visit to Joe Davis Stadium.
The match saw goals from Alex Freeman and Jack Lynn, the former scoring his fourth of the year while the latter found the back of the net for the 10th time in 2023. The Lions now turn their attention to next Sunday, set to host Atlanta United 2 on July 16 in a 7 p.m. ET kickoff at Osceola County Stadium.
5’ Alex Freeman (Juninho, Jhon Solís) – ORL 1, HNT 0
The Lions took the early lead with Jhon Solís playing a long ball over top to a running Juninho in behind the Huntsville defense, who was able to cut his cross back across the face of goal for a running Alex Freeman for the first-time finish.
19’ Chrisnovic N'Sa (Nicky Law, Kemy Amiche) – ORL 1, HNT 1
Huntsville found the equalizer off the corner kick, with Kemy Amiche able to play Nicky Law through in between a pair of Lions’ defenders. Law’s cross then found the head of Chrisnovic N’Sa for the finish.
32’ Isaiah Johnston (PK) – HNT 2, ORL 1
The home side took the lead via a penalty kick, with Isaiah Johnston sending Lions’ netminder Javier Otero the wrong way to convert from the spot.
35’ Isaiah Johnston (Kemy Amiche, Nicky Law) – HNT 3, ORL 1
Huntsville would add another with Nicky Law finding Kemy Amiche down the right flank. Amiche would drive into the box before playing Isaiah Johnston in behind the Lions defense, who was able to slot it into the far post and into the back of the net.
51’ Azaad Liadi (Oliver Wright) – HNT 4, ORL 1
Huntsville found the back of the net yet again with Joshua Drack keeping the ball in bounds by way of a bicyle kick, finding Oliver Wright running down the left flank. Wright was able to whip in a cross for Azaad Liadi who slid onto the ball to send it into the back of the net.
55’ Kemy Amiche (Oliver Wright) – HNT 5, ORL 1
The home club scored a fifth with Oliver Wright sending Kemy Amiche in behind the Lions’ defense, sending his effort past Otero into the bottom left corner of the net.
65’ Jack Lynn (Moises Tablante, Juninho) – HNT 5, ORL 2
The Lions cut the deficit with Juninho sending Moises Tablante through down the left flank, who took his space before lofting a ball to the opposite side of the box for Jack Lynn. The 2022 MLS SuperDraft selection was able to control it with his chest before firing his shot past Huntsville goalkeeper Ben Martino and into the back of the net.
78’ Joey Skinner (Kemy Amiche) – HNT 6, ORL 2
Huntsville regained its four-goal advantage with Kemy Amiche finding Joey Skinner at the edge of the box, who fired his effort from distance into the top right corner of the net.
- Jack Lynn netted his 10th goal of the campaign to extend his team lead.
- Alex Freeman scored his fourth goal of the year, three of which have come against Huntsville.
- Juninho tallied his fourth and fifth assists of the year, taking sole possession of the team lead in that category.
- Jhon Solís notched his third assist of the year to tie for second on the squad with Cristian Medina.
- Moises Tablante recorded his second assist of the campaign.
- The Lions were reduced to 10 men when Nabi Kibunguchy was shown a second yellow card in the 46th minute.
- Head Coach Martín Perelman made two changes to his starting lineup from a week ago, with Homegrowns Alex Freeman and Favian Loyola re-entering the fold.