Small Local Restaurants, Bars, Clubs and more.
- Are you the owner of a Central Florida small business that sees an increase in business on Orlando City and Orlando Pride gamedays?
- Then go to www.gofundme.com/sign-up and fill out the required information. Complete the sign-up process by verifying your email address.
- If you do not wish to create a GoFundMe donation campaign at this time, but would still like to participate in the campaign by offering fans a chance to order takeout or delivery from your establishment online, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make it happen.
- Create Your Campaign
- Specify a goal: How much do you want to raise with the campaign?
- Important: You must enter the name of your business in the campaign title & include the hashtag #ALLforORL (see screenshots below). This is the only way you will be shown on the #ALLforORL map.
- Select “Sports, Teams & Clubs” as the category
- Click “Next” and upload the best photo of your business that showcases your staff and/or your favorite Orlando City or Orlando Pride memory at your establishment!
- Important: Enter the address of your small business in the first line (example: 655 West Church St, Orlando, FL 32805) so your campaign is shown on the #ALLforORL map. Then tell the story of its history with Orlando City or Orlando Pride. You can also list benefits, specials, deals for your supporters.
- If you are currently serving customers through take-out, drive-thru or delivery, please also indicate that in your story on your GoFundMe campaign. Also include your website address that you are directing customers to for online orders.
- After you click “Next”, your campaign is active. Share it directly with your network on your social media and email channels and spread the word to boost your fundraising efforts.
- Once you have completed this process, email email@example.com with your GoFundMe campaign link and your online order website (if applicable). After your campaign is set up and you have emailed the address above, we will verify your campaign and add it on the #ALLforORL map.
- Establishment Business Account
- After your campaign has been created, you still must provide your business account details, so the money fundraised can be transferred directly to your accounts.
- Go to “My Campaigns” and click on “Manage Campaign”.
- Click on “Withdraw” in the top right corner and follow the instructions.
- You will only receive the fundraised amount if you provide the correct business account. In order to prevent abuse, GoFundMe will ensure that the local and business accounts match before payment is made.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate in the #ALLforORL campaign?
Are you the owner of a small local restaurant/bar or similar establishment? Create your own donation campaign at www.gofundme.com/sign-up. Make sure to include the hashtag #ALLforORL in the campaign title. This is the only way to display your establishment on the #ALLforORL map.
I’ve created a campaign for my small business, but it isn’t showing up on the map.
Before being published on the #ALLforORL map, each profile undergoes numerous reviews to prevent fraud. This review process can take some time to complete. If all information is verified as accurate, only then will the campaign appear on GoFundMe and on the #ALLforORL map.
How and when does the money get transferred to my account?
As soon as your campaign receives donations, you can independently transfer it to your bank account at any time. Simply click the “Withdraw” button in your GoFundMe account, then follow the instructions on the screen. After account verification by GoFundMe is completed, the transfer usually takes 2-5 business days. NOTE: Transfers into your account have no bearing on the amount displayed on GoFundMe.
How high should I set my campaign goals?
A common campaign goal is $1,000. These can be easily adjusted anytime afterwards.
What happens if I don’t reach the campaign goal? Do I lose the money?
No, you still receive all of the donations. They can be transferred to your bank account at any time after GoFundMe has verified your accounts.
What happens if I exceed the campaign goal?
You can continue to receive donations beyond the stated campaign goal.
Can campaigns be set up for establishments that aren’t in Central Florida?
Currently the #ALLforORL initiative is meant for small local businesses in the Central Florida area.
What are the fees if I start a campaign via GoFundMe?
Creating a GoFundMe is free of charge. However there is a transaction fee of 2.9% of the total amount. In addition there is a flat fee of $.30 per donation. These fees go towards processing donations made by credit card and keeping GoFundMe a safe place to donate.
Do I have to pay taxes on the money I receive?
You may need to pay taxes on these donations. Please consult with your tax professional.
Can I only receive support on a virtual gameday?
You can get financial support as long as your campaign is active, whether it’s a virtual gameday or not.
Will there be additional digital matchdays in the future?
Can I still participate in the campaign if I'm not looking for donations?
Yes. If you do not wish to create a GoFundMe donation campaign at this time, but would still like to participate in the campaign by offering fans a chance to order takeout or delivery from your establishment online, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make it happen.